Sin Belore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Malevar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Malevar

Character sheet
Name:
Class: -

Application - Malevar Empty
PostSubject: Application - Malevar   Application - Malevar EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 3:41 pm

OOC INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

1. Character's name as it appears above your character's head:

Malevar

2. Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:

100 Demon Hunter

3. Professions:

None yet.

IC INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

4. Character's name, title(s) and lastname, if different from the OOC name:

Illidari Malevar

5. Does your character have a custom class, and if so, what is it?

No.

6. What motive does your character have to join a Task force?:

He's conflicted about his identity as a demon hunter and blood elf. He craves the presence of other sin'dorei to remind him of what he used to be, and what he still kind of imagines himself to be inside. He's dedicated to the mission of rooting out the Legion on Azeroth, but he wants to cooperate with others of his kind (or what he sees as his kind) while doing it in the hopes it will keep him from succumbing to the demon blood. He also hopes it will prove his allegiance and usefulness to the Horde and the sin'dorei and potentially keep him from being locked away by the Wardens again.

7. If you're using an RP addon, please copy paste* your character description & history if you have written one down:

Don't have one, though I'd be interested to learn about them.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

8. How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

Argent Dawn forum thread.

9. Why do you want to join us?:

Looking for a relaxed, interesting group of people to experience the new expansion with. Interested in both PvE with guildmates and RP, both in terms of scheduled events and also just small group interactions. My fondest memories of WoW are from a time when I knew others playing alongside me, and I'm hoping to get back to that feeling with Legion.

10. Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by controversial subjects, even when it's clearly just a joke instead of one's true opinion?

I'm definitely a relaxed person, and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt regarding jokes. I don't ASSUME people are sexist, racist or homophobic, but on the other hand if it seems like those are legitimate views and other people are being hurt by them I won't hesitate to speak up.

11. Your experience in WoW:

I've played most of the content of most of the expansions, but I haven't done significant high level stuff or any organised raiding since Wrath of the Lich King. I haven't been involved in many guilds, but I'd definitely like to make that a part of my experience of the game at this stage.

12. Your experience in roleplaying:

I've never been in an RP guild in WoW before, so I'm curious as to what that'll be like. That said, I've roleplayed extensively in IRE MUDs (frightened to see whether anyone recognises that) and pen & paper settings.

13. Do you currently have any alts or mains in other roleplaying guilds?

Nope. I'm intending to make Malevar my main for this expansion, and while I might hop onto my druid again occasionally he's on a different server entirely and not in a guild.

14. Are you able to keep the following channels to In Character messages only, even when you are OOC and surrounded by other people who are also OOC: /Say /emote /yell? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?

That's all fine. I don't really see the need for brackets when whispers and guild channels exist. Maybe in a cross-guild event if an emergency came up? If my flat is literally on fire I might use brackets. More likely I'd just log off.

15. Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?

I'm familiar with them and used to avoiding them. If anything, my pen & paper characters are usually getting themselves into MORE trouble with their flaws and failings.

16. Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)

I'm 28, born in Germany but mostly raised in the UK. I'm in the midst of a career change at the moment, having just finished a foundation year in preparation for starting a degree in Medicine next month. I'm going to be playing quite a lot during the day for the next few weeks until term starts, after which my playtime is probably going to shift to mainly evenings and weekends.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest

PostSubject: Re: Application - Malevar   Application - Malevar EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Hey there and thanks for your application.

Most of it looks good to me, but I am curious how you will feel both ICly as well as OOCly about the fact that our regiment is quite sceptical towards Demon Hunters as described in our WoW Forum recruitment thread Smile.

~Sylvaelynn
Back to top Go down
Malevar

Character sheet
Name:
Class: -

PostSubject: Re: Application - Malevar   Application - Malevar EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 pm

OOCly I'm completely fine with it, it makes sense for non-Illidari to be sceptical towards them. What they've done is nigh on insane, but then again they're facing a nigh on insane threat. At least with death knights they had no choice, and it still makes sense for people to be creeped out by them. That said, if someone can understand a warlock it's really only a question of degree of corruption once you start screwing around with demon magic.

ICly he obviously resents his treatment at the hands of the Wardens, but he does also understand the suspicion he's treated with. It's not like he loves his new life as a half-mad semi-corrupt endless warrior. But as will hopefully come out in his roleplay, he felt he didn't have many choices at the time and it SEEMED like each step was the right decision. It's only in hindsight that he's looking back and wondering how the hell he got to where he is now. As I said, part of his reason for wanting to join the Task Force is to hopefully overcome some of the suspicion he's treated with, if only in the hopes he might be protected from reimprisonment once the Legion is kicked off Azeroth again.

Basically I'm hoping it results in an interestingly conflicted character without becoming too emo about it. In the end ALL of our characters are in a horrendous situation on the Broken Isles, I don't want to paint him as the one guy with problems or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest

PostSubject: Re: Application - Malevar   Application - Malevar EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:42 am

OOC invite for now. Reap that guild rep while questing!

Poke Kristeas or me in game at some point for an IC interview.

~Sylvaelynn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Malevar   Application - Malevar Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Malevar
Page 1 of 1