Sin Belore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage

Go down 
+4
Shelis
Drathun
Amarin
ollep0lle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ollep0lle

Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage Empty
PostSubject: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:11 pm

CHARACTER INFO:

[1] Character's name: (if your character has a last name or nick name, we would like to know those aswell)
Nethyen Manawind

[2] Character's class and level:
Mage - lv 8

[3] Professions:
Tailoring and Enchanting.
As a future master of magic she would want to learn from all sides and angles, and enchanting is an important aspect of magic.
She is also a tailor, so that she can craft herself equipment that she needs.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
She wants to be part of a community for others of her kind, and she wants to learn everything possible. Her people's own history concerns alot of magic and would like to know if there is anything to learn from her fellows.
Along with that, she wants to see Quel'thalas and its people prosper. Also see the last part of her background.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

Nethyen is a senior student prodigy mage seeking to master the art of magic.
As an orphan, Nethyen was raised by her uncle. The parents were skilled magicians but sadly died together in a strange sickness when Nethyen was very, very young. Her uncle(father's side) is a well respected arcanist in Silvermoon City, and an assistant of Grand Magister Rommath.
The uncle kept watch over his neice while working in the library and his chambers. During one of his projects, Nethyen unintentionally showed to have a talent for controlling magic. The uncle realized her potential. He quickly informed his colleagues about her abilities and they came to the conclusion that Nethyen must get all attention needed to make her bloom. They agreed that Nethyen should be allowed to observe her uncles, and the others' lessons and experiments of the arcane.

Inspired by the stories of historic sorcerers and magics throughout Azeroth, her dream is to become the most prominent mage in the world. She is ready to travel far away, whether it be in Azeroth or Outland, to discover all teachings of magic known by man or monster, in order to eventually become the best. Whether it be from unearthing long lost secrets from below, attending to formal seminars held by revered wizards, or by learning through reading and practice of casting spells.

Recently, her teachers and her uncle finally decided that Nethyen is old enough to experience magic from outside of the libraries of Silvermoon City, as well as to explore the world and fight for the allies of Quel'thalas. To become the true master of magic she looks for a union that can support her in times of trivial and dire need. Now her searches have led her to the organizatoin of Sin Belore, where other blood elves gather. Maybe they are the right people to protect this future star?

-

Personality: Nethyen is eager to learn and wants to be independent. She thinks she can handle tasks on her own, even when she maybe can't. This is mostly because she wants to be able to.
She can however obey orders. She is not arrogant, but still aware of her unusual talent for magic. Her uncle has always been disciplined and orderly(but not evil), and that was the way he raised Nethyen.
She is not the stereotypical power-hungry madman mage(but more or less addicted just like all blood elves). She wants to become the best mage for the honor and glory, and to serve The Horde.

Age: I'm not completely sure about Nethyen's age. She is not a kid but still a student(senior student). She's more of an experienced college student than a giggly high school student.
I read about blood elf lifespans and the age they regard as adults so I would say Nethyen around 50 years, if i have understood their aging right. Please let me know if you have another suggestion of age that would be more suitable for my description. It would feel wrong for me to have Nethyen be recognized as the same age as everyone else. ^^

Please tell me if you would like me to add something.

OTHER INFO:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
I read on wowpedia.org that there was a troll-only guild on this realm, and I logged onto it and browsed through the guild finder and found this guild. I thought about what i wanted to roleplay as and the decision was a blood elf mage, so the choice of guild was obvious.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
I want to be able to have fun while roleplaying, and learn how to be a good and respectful roleplayer. I also think that Sin Belore is a very good guild, it looks serious and professional. I think my own experience could be enhanced if I roleplay with characters of the same race, and vice versa.

[8] Your experience in WoW:
I started playing just before the start of the love event 2010, meaning a playtime of around 1,5 years. I have one 85, one 80 and one 73 but not yet any characters of remarkable level on The Defias Brotherhood.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:
No experience ingame but a little experience from outside of it, which I accept to tell you about in a personal message, if necessary.

[10] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)
I'm 17 years old and in high school. I play wow in alot of my free time, but like many others i play more during afternoon to night, and not as much in the middle of the day.
Back to top Go down
Amarin

Amarin

Character sheet
Name: Amarin Proudstrider
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Your application look fine to me.Wait for the approval of two officers and you will soon be a member of Sin Belore...
Back to top Go down
Drathun

Drathun

Character sheet
Name: Drathun
Class: Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:12 am

Hello there, and thank you for applying to join Sin Belore.
After reading your well-written application, I do have one concern though.
Your character seems to be a borderline, if not a complete Mary Sue, reread your character's background, maybe look at some other applications or perhaps take the Mary Sue Test, and when you are completely confident you can avoid this, you are welcome to contact Nessra, Celistra, Kaleil, Shelis or me(Drathun) for an IC interview.

On a side note, is there any reason in particular why your account is named ollep0lle?
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet
Name: Shelis "Myst" Dawnrose
Class: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:46 am

What Drath said.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but having uncle that's an assistant of one of Silvermoon's leaders is little too high.
Sin Belore is a military, not a bunch of noobs that will protect your character just because she is meant to be awesome in future. There are different guilds that support such kind of rp.
We would like you to reconsider your character, like Drathun said, then we will surely have no troubles accepting you.

Please, take no offense in our responses. We are just used to see Dragons, Vampires, Quel'Doreis and more non-senses in Silvermoon on daily basis, so we rather welcome ordinary characters. We are not saying your characters can't have a feature that makes it interesting, different, more fantastic, just stay with your feet on the ground. Don't be the next saviour of the universe please.

I will gladly read a reply where you modify your background slightly. I also apologise if the reply seems too rude to you, it is surely not meant to be. I'm just trying to state points what do I mind exactly.

And, why can't you just tell us about the roleplaying experience? If it is too private, you shouldn't say so even in PMs. We do not mind people not experienced in in-game rping. We will gladly welcome everyone that is willing to learn.

Thank you for understanding Smile

Back to top Go down
ollep0lle

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:42 am

Thank you for your very fair review!
At first I was sad but now I just find it very appealing that you don't accept just any kind of character, but only those of a certain quality! Cool

After reading about what a Mary Sue is (which i had never heard of before), I also think my character sounds a bit too perfect and flawless. I will rework my character background at once and keep your thoughts in mind.
The earlier RP experience I referred to was my 2-3 ERP short stories that I engaged in on msn.
There is no real reason behind my account name. I didn't know everyone had an RP name as account name so I just used what came to my mind. When i realized that everyone did that however, I tried to find a way to rename my account, even make a new one, but it didn'nt work. But I was stupid, and I just now understood that I should just change the email for this account and then i can use that one to make a new one... : )
Back to top Go down
Darilas

Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 am

I don't think your account name is a real problem, but you might want to get some more serious experience with RP first. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amarin

Amarin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:34 am

I believe we have to encourage more such enthusiastic people to join us.He/she will learn to rp with us...Although all of your points are fair he/she says he/she will review everything.I believe this is enough.We do not have to ask for additional rp experience.This will be acquired with us.This is my opinion of course.It does not mean that I am right.
Back to top Go down
Drathun

Drathun

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:20 am

Dear ollep0lle, you seem very enthusiastic about improving your character and joining Sin Belore, we have had more than one applicant with few roleplaying experience, and we are confident we can help you develop and improve your character, together with acquiring experience in RP itself.
As Darilas mentioned, the account name should provide no major problem.
That being said, feel free to contact me for an IC interview, and perhaps ask for some pointers to help establish your character more.
Back to top Go down
ollep0lle

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you all for your indulgance/acceptance. I have already made a new account with the same name as my character, though. I think i know exactly what things I need to improve on my character presentation but you're naturally welcome to tell me if it's still not suitable.

Drathun, thank you, but don't you want me to rewrite my character backgroud before the interview? I thought that was what everyone did and I wouldn't really have a problem with doing that, I have already started.
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Post it as a reply in here then. I will gladly read it Smile As you can see, we try to check forum frequently.
Back to top Go down
Drathun

Drathun

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Your writing style is good, and you have expressed the certainty that you can avoid falling into the Mary Sue trap, I am content with this, as I'll get a general idea of your character and roleplaying style during the interview, and we can always go from there. Besides, you can always post your improved character background when you are a member, that is...if you pass the interview...(That was a joke, no person in history has ever failed a SB interview.)
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:40 pm

But somebody has to be first, Drath Very Happy Oh poor guy...or gal, we are so discouraging the person =(
Back to top Go down
Drathun

Drathun

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:28 pm

I'll be doing the interview...hmm...yes >: )
Back to top Go down
Nethyen

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 am

CHARACTER INFO:

[1] Character's name: (if your character has a last name or nick name, we would like to know those aswell)
Nethyen Manawind

[2] Character's class and level:
Mage - lv 9

[3] Professions:
Tailoring and Enchanting.
With her high ambitions she wants to learn from all sides and angles, and enchanting is an important aspect of magic.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
Her people's own history concerns alot of magic and she wants to know if there is anything to learn from her fellows. Along with that, she wants to see Quel'thalas and its people prosper. (Also, read her background).

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

Nethyen is a senior student prodigy mage seeking to master the art of magic.
When Nethyen was very young, her mother died in a strange sickness, and was raised by her father, who is a well respected arcanist in Silvermoon City. The father kept watch over his daughter while working in the library and his chambers. During one of his projects, Nethyen unintentionally showed to have a talent for controlling magic, and he realized her potential. He quickly informed his colleagues about her abilities and they came to the conclusion that Nethyen must get all attention needed to bring out the most of her. They agreed that Nethyen should be taken to observe her father's, and the others' lessons and experiments of the arcane. She was also made into reading alot of books. Inspired by the stories of historic sorcerers and magics throughout Azeroth, her dream is to become the most prominent mage Quel'thalas has seen.

After many years of intense studies she begged to be allowed outside of the city, to continue with her studies by herself. Her teachers refused by the argument that she was too young. Nethyen asked to prove herself and made them acknowledge her results. This meant alot to Nethyen because it showed her that hard work and patience brings frution.

Now she is ready to travel far away, whether it be in Azeroth or Outland, to discover all teachings of magic known by man or monster, in order to eventually become the best. Whether it be from unearthing long lost secrets from below, attending to formal seminars held by revered wizards,
or by learning through reading and practice of casting spells.

But the outside world was unexpectedly cruel and that made her remember the stories she had read and heard. They all had one thing in common, every powerful faction consists of many, not one. And if she wanted power, that was what she would need to find. To become a true master of magic she wants to find a union that can both support her in times of trivial and dire need, and have a demand for her improving skills. Now her searches have led her to the organization of Sin Belore, where she hopes to be accepted to grow in.

-

Personality: Nethyen is eager to learn and wants to be independent. She thinks she can handle tasks on her own, even when she maybe can't. This is mostly because she wants to be able to.
She can however obey orders. She is aware of her unusual talent for magic but can still respect authorities. Her father has always been disciplined and orderly(but not evil), and that was the way he raised Nethyen.
She is not the stereotypical power-hungry madman mage(but more or less addicted just like all blood elves). She wants to become the best mage for the honor and glory, and to serve The Horde.

Age: I'm not completely sure about Nethyen's age. She is not a kid but still a student(senior student). She's more of an experienced college student than a giggly high school student.
I read about blood elf lifespans and the age they regard as adults so I would say Nethyen around 50 years, if i have understood their aging right. Please let me know if you have another suggestion of age that would be more suitable for my description.
It would feel wrong for me to have Nethyen be recognized as the same age as everyone else. ^^

Feel free to tell me if you would like me to change anything again.
Back to top Go down
Drathun

Drathun

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Looks good, can't wait to do the IC interview.
There are different viewpoints on age, but 50 is perhaps a touch too young to join a military unit, but we can sort that out before the interview.
See you in-game!
Back to top Go down
Kristeas

Kristeas

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Class: Blood Knight

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Even if the belf is actualy 50 years old, there's always that other thing young individuals can do to join the army.
Lie about your age Neutral
Back to top Go down
Amarin

Amarin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:39 pm

+1...
Nice rp idea!
Back to top Go down
Kaleil

Kaleil

Character sheet
Name: Kaleil Sunstrike

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Kristeas wrote:
Even if the belf is actualy 50 years old, there's always that other thing young individuals can do to join the army.
Lie about your age Neutral

You gyrs do know a Belf matures from 1 -20 the same as A Human does? so when you are 20 years old you remain 20 years old for about 200 years!
Back to top Go down
Kristeas

Kristeas

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:51 pm

We haven't found a real blizz source for that, but have more or less a consensus on that, but just physicaly speaking.
Socialy, a 20 year old belf is more of a noob than a 50 year old for example.
Back to top Go down
Kaleil

Kaleil

Character sheet
Name: Kaleil Sunstrike

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Kristeas wrote:
We haven't found a real blizz source for that, but have more or less a consensus on that, but just physicaly speaking.
Socialy, a 20 year old belf is more of a noob than a 50 year old for example.

/agree
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm glad you fixed it Nethyen, see you in game =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage   Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Nethyen Manawind, the Prodigy Mage
Page 1 of 1